Me in 10 seconds
I'm a musician, programmer, writer, entrepreneur, and student — though not in that order.
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, communication, business, philosophy, and cross-cultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand.
Deeply happy and anti-drama, my favorite fable is 塞翁失马.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
In 2011, he moved to Singapore and published a book which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
His new company is Wood Egg, publishing annual guides to 16 countries in Asia.
Newest Posts all posts
Popular Posts all posts
Projects all projects and code
Photos (click for big)
Tweets all tweets
- July 17
- Some great new additions to my list of book notes: http://sivers.org/book?sort=date (Click “Sort by rating” to see top recommendations.)
- July 12
- On our 3rd date, years ago, my wife said her dream was to see the Moorish architecture of southern Spain. Today we leave for Granada. ☺
- July 10
- Seth Godin's birthday. Looking back at his projects over the years. So inspiring: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2014/07/thirty-years-of-projects.html
- June 29
- The philosophy of great customer service: http://sivers.org/cs
- June 16
- Leaving for Belgium now, through the end of July. Email me if you want to meet up.
- June 8
- “A good day is when no one shows up, and you don’t have to go anywhere.” - Burt from Burt’s Bees http://youtu.be/xBfMtEebvN0
Keep in touch
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any reason.
I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: